sábado, 26 de abril de 2014

Actividad 1

1.1 Vocabulary
·         1.1.1 Develop the activities proposed in Tell me more for this section. Go to http://www.tellmemorecampus.com/


·         1.1.2 Open your Market Leader book on page 7 and develop exercise A on nationalities (use track 1.7 in your CD to verify your answers).
A.  Complete the chart of countries and nationalities below using the words from the box. Add other countries and nationalities
Brazilian   Polish                 Germany   Kuwaiti     French         Oman
Italian                Spain                  Russia       Turkey      Japanese         Swedish
China                 Greece      British                 American  Indian                  Mexican
Korean
COUNTRY
NATIONALITY

-an
Brazil
Brazilian
Germany
German
India
Indian
Mexico
Mexican
Italy
Italian
Russia
Russian
Korea
Korean

-ese
Japan
Japanese
China
Chinese

-i
Kuwait
Kuwaiti
Oman
Omani

-ish
Poland
Polish
Spain
Spanish
Sweden
Swedish
Turkey
Turkish

Others
France
French
Greece
Greek
The UK
Russia
The USA
American



·         1.1.3 Now open your Market Leader book on page 15 and develop exercises A to G on days, months and dates.
A.  Putt he days of the week in order. Whish days are’t he weekend’?
Friday        5         Monday     1         Saturday 6         Tuesday    2
Sunday      7         Thursday 4         Wednesday        3
B.  Write the months of the year under the correct seasons
SPRING
March
April
May
SUMMER
June
July
August
AUTUMN
September
October
November
WINTER
December
January
February
C. Complete these time phrases with in, at or on. Then write the phrases under the correct preposition in the table below.

1.    At night
4. On Thursday
7. In June
2.    In the autumn
5. In the afternoon
8. On New Year
3.    At 15th February
6. On Tuesday evening
9. At the weekend
D.  Cd1.21 Listen and check your answers to Exercise C



E.  Complete these sentences with in, at or on.

1.    We have a lot of big orders in March.
2.    The office closes for three days on New Year.
3.    There is an important meeting at 15 th June.
4.    The CEO visits our branch in the summer.
5.    We deliver large godos on Monday afternoons

F.  Work in pairs. When are you busy during the day, week and year?
What are the quiet times?

a.     When are you busy during the day
b.     I’m very busy in the morning. When are the quiet times for you?
a.     Business is quiet in the summer. Which days are you busy during the week?
b.     I’m always busy on Mondays

G.  Write about yourself, your company or your school

a.     When are you busy during the day?

I'm busy all day from Monday to Friday, 7 am to 6 pm at work and 6-10 pm in college.

b.     When are the quiet times?
I have a quiet time, On Saturday afternoon and Sunday mornings I try to relax and spend time with my family.
c.    Which moments in the year do you particulary enjoy? Why?
The moments I most enjoy in the year, is the Christmas season, because all my family gets together and my parents come from afar.
·         1.1.4 On page 18 of your Market Leader book, develop exercises A and B on leisure activities.
A.  Complete the leisure activities below using words from the box. Sometimes more tan one answer is posible.

1.    Playing golf
2.    Watching TV
3.    Going to restaurants
4.    Listening to music (on my iPod)
5.    Playing tennis
6.    Going to the cinema
7.    Playing Football
8.    Going to gym
9.    Going to concerts
10.                    Playing the guitar
11.                    Watching DVDs
12.                    Playing computer games

B.  Talk about your leisure activities. Use the verbs in box 1 and the time phrases in box 2
I love running at the weekend.
I like going to the cinema on friday night
1.    Love
Like
Quite like
Don’t like
2.    At the weekend
On Friday/Saturday night
In the summer/Winter
In August/December
In the morning/afternoon/evening
  • I like watching spiritual movies on Saturday night
  • I don’t like the rain in the winter
  • I love spend time with my family at the weekend
1.1.5 Develop exercises A and C on pages 22 and 23 of your Market Leader book with the purpose of getting familiar with the use of too and enough.
A.  What sort of problems might these peaple have at work?

a)     An office worker
b)     A Factory worker
c)    A shop/sales assistant
d)    A call-centre worker
Look at the problems on the left. Which do you think go with which person?
An office worker
A Factory worker
A shop/sales assistant
A call-centre worker
Computer crashes
Changes to orders
Rude people
Difficult customers
Missing documents
Machinery not work
Delivery delays
Rude people
C. What problems do you have at work/ in your studies?

WORK
STUDY
Missing Documents
Lack of time
Rude people
Lack of money
Computers crashed


·         1.1.6 Go over learning object 1: crossword and develop the crossword.

1.2 Grammar
1.2.1 Develop the activities proposed in Tell me more for this section. Go to http://www.tellmemorecampus.com/ 
1.2.2 Open your Market Leader book on pages 10 and 11: Develop exercises A to F of Language Focus 1, and A to C of Language Focus 2.
A. Complete this information about Maristella with short forms of the verb to be.
My name’S Maristella. I’M Brazilian and I’M from Sao Paulo. I’M a research analyst for an investment bank in Nex York. I’M married with two children, a boy and a girl. They’RE at high school in Scarsdale. My husband’S American and he’S a doctor. My sister’S in New York, too. She’S a student at Columbia University. We’RE  all interested in sports and movies. My son’S a good tenis player.
B.  CD1.10 Listen and check your answers.















C. Complete this chart about yourself. Then introduce yourself to a partner.

1.    Name Gehovell
2.    Job    I’m a(n) System Technic
3.    City  I’m from San Andres Islands
4.    Nationality    Colombian
5.    Interests      Reading and loving
6.    Favourite sports   Basket Ball

D.  Now write a paragraph about your partner. Use the text in Exercise A as a model

This information is about my partner Maria Carrillo.
My name’s Maria Carrillo, I’m Colombian and I’m from Barbosa, Santander. I’m esthetician; I’m married with two children, two boys. They’re at soccer liege of Bogota, and they have practice session at weekends. My husband’s Colombian and he’s a doctor. My sister’s lawyer and my brother’s economist. We’re all interested in travels, movies and good dinners.
E.  Complete these sentences with negative forms of to be

1.    She’s Russian, but she isn’t from Moscow.
2.    They’re Japanese, but they aren’t from Tokyo.
3.    He’s German, but he isn’t from Munich.
4.    I’m in sales, but i am not the manager
5.    The office is in Paris, but the office isn’t in the centre
6.    Her name is Sophia, but She isn’t Italian

F.  Match the questions and answers about Sergio.











Language Focus 2 a/an with Jobs; wh- questions
A.    Write the correct article (a/an) for each job.

Accountant            architect      artist cashier          consultant   director        doctor
Engineer     executive     journalist                  lawyer                       manager        office           
Worker         optician        personal assistant (PA)             pilot  
Receptionist                      research analyst                sales assistant       technician
Telephone operator                                trainee

B.    Work in pairs. Talk about your job and the Jobs of your family and friends.
I’m an Administrative Technic in Government Entity. My brother is a System engineer. My sister is a Student of Public Counter. My Boyfriend is Administrator. My Mother is a Housewife and my Father is a Public Counter.
C.   CD1.11-1.13 Listen to three people talking about their Jobs and complete this chart

PIERRE
GUSTAVO
SILVIA
1.    What is his/her job?
Engineer
A lawyer
Architect
2.    Where is he/she from?
Switzerland
Argentina
Sicily
3.    Where is his/her office?
Singapore
New York
Rome
4.    What does his/her parther do?
IT Consultant
A journalist
A househusband

1.2.3 Now go over exercises A to B on page 17 of your Market Leader book about present simple.
Language Focus 1
A.    Darren Throop Works for Entertaiment one, a media company in Toronto, Canada. Complete the article below about his working day using the verbs from the box
Darren Throop Gets up at 6 a.m. and does Some exercise in the gym in his house. At about 6.30, he Market breakfast for his two daughters. The he Checks his e-mails in his home office. He Driver to work. At lunch time, he has A salad at his desk. At work, he spends a lot of time in meetings and on conference calls. He Finishes his office day at about 5 p.m. He travels on business a lot, so he likes to spend all his free time with his family.
B.    Complete this information about Masami Kimura. Use the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
I’m Masami Kimura and i’m married with two children, Aiko an Katsuki. They go (go) to an international school. My husband’s name is Seito. He…works (work) for a shipping company, and I work (work) for an international securities company.
We live (live) in Tokyo, near Shinjuku. I travel (travel) to work by subway, but Seito driver (drive) to work. We bot like………. (like) sports and travelling. At the weekend, we…play (play) golf or we…go…… (go) camping.

1.2.4 Develop exercises A to E on page 19 of your Market Leader book about how to use expressions of frequency.
A. Write the words in brackets in the correct place in these sentences.
1. She usually gets up early (usually)
2. They always start their first meeting at nine o’clock. (always)
3. We are never late for meetings. (never)
4. I am often in the afternoon. (often)
5. The office sometimes closes at 3 p.m. (sometimes)
B. Read these pairs of sentences. Cross out the incorrect Word in sentence b) of each pair.
1. 
a) He reads the papers every day.
b) He always/sometimes reads the papers
2.
a) We eat in the company cafetería four times a week
b) We usually/sometimes eat in the company cafetería.
3.
a) I work late once a month
b) I usually/sometimes work late.
4.
a) The managers don’t go to business dinners at the weekend
b) The managers never/ sometimes go to business twice a week
5.
a) the company Director travels on business twice a week
b) The company Director always/often travels on business

C.   CD1.25-1.27 an interviewer asks three people about their typical day. Listen and complete this table.

MARK
ISABELLE
DAN
What do you do when you get to work?
Say hello to colleagues, check e-mail
Always check emails and the diary
Check my blackberry and reply important emails
Where do you have lunch?
Sometimes go home for lunch
Sandwich in the desk
Usually have lunch in the company restaurant
How often do you travel on business?
Always travel fashion show parís an new york
Never travel
South africa three time in year and europe  one time for week
What do you do at the weekend?
On Saturday night goint to clubbing
On Saturday evening dinner and sometimes go to the cinema
Listen to music and some the morning play golf

D.   Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions in Exercise C.
1. What do you do when you get to work?
    I always check my agenda and e mail.
2. Where do you have lunch?
    I usually lunch in the company’s restaurant.
3. How often do you travel on business?
    I never travel.
4. What do you do at the weekend?
    I study and rest with my wife, we sleep, we see movies and we go to mall.

E.    Work in pairs. Ask and answer these questions. Add your own questions.

How often do you…
1.    Play sports?
5.    Entertain at home
2.    Use a mobile pone?
6.    Go on business trips?
3.    Drive to work/college/university?
7.    Go abroad on holiday
4.    Go to gym/ fitness centre?
8.    Buy a newspaper/ magazine

1. How often do you play sports?
    Sometimes at the weekend.
2. How often do you use a mobile phone?
    I always use my phone.
3. How often do you drive to work?
    I always drive to work.
4. How often do you go to a gym?
    I usually go to a gym in the mornings.
5. How often do you entertain at home?
    Sometimes at the weekend.
6. How often do you go on business trips?
    Never i go on business trip
7. How often do you go abroad on holiday?
    Usually i like go abroad on holiday
8. How often do you buy a newspaper or magazine?
    I never buy a newspaper or magazine
1.2.5 Complete exercises A to E on page 25 and A to B on page 26 of your Market Leader book.
A. Work in pairs. Match the questions (1-6) to the answers (a-f).









B. Put these words in the correct order to make questions.
Weekend / work / they / do / at / the / ?
Do they work at the weekend?
Pierre / in / sales / Does / work / ?
Does Pierre sales in work ?
You / do / travel / abroad / How / often / ?
How often do you travel abroad ?
You / spell / How / business / do / ?
How do you spell business?
Finish / does / the / meeting / When / ?
When does the meeting finish?

C. Ask and answer these questions
Student A: Turn to page 132
Student B: Turn to page 144
What time/ start work?
What time do you start work?
When / finish work?
When do you finishwork?
When / finish work?
Where do you report to ?
Who/ report to?
Who do you report to  ?
How often/ work at the weekend?
How often do you work at the weekend?

Student A                                                          Student B
1. I start work at 7:30 a.m.                                 I start work at 9:30 a.m.
2. I finish work at 4:30 a.m.                                I finish work at 7:00 p.m.
3. I work in Frankfurt.                                         I work in London.
4. I report to the financial director.          I report to the customer                         care manager.
5. I never work at the weekend.                         I work on Saturdays morning
D.  Make negative sentences. Use don’t (do not) or doesn’t (does not).

1.    I like meetings. (presentations)
I like meetings, but I don’t like presentations
2.    We waste a lot of paper. (electricity)
We  waste a lot of paper, but we don’t waster electricity
3.    They agree about most things. (money)
They agree about most things, but they don’t agree about money
4.    Susan sends a lot of e-mails. (faxes)
Susan sends a lot of e-mails, but susan doesn’t sends faxes
5.    Our management team discusses business strategy. (employee problems)
Our management team discusses business strategy, but don’t discusses employee problems.

E.    Tick the sentences that are true for you. Chance the other ones to make them true. Then compare and discuss your sentences in pairs.

1.    I agree with my manager about everything.
2.  I don’t work in teams very often.
3.  I always come to work / college on time.
4.    I don’t like giving presentations
5.  I never take work home in the evening or at the weekeng

A.    Make sentences about what Marco has and doesn’t have.
1.    Marco has a company car. He doesn’t have a sat-nav.

1.    A company car       Good                                                       a sat-nav    Wrong
2.    An IPone                      Wrong                                          an IPand     Good
3.    An interesting job   Good                                           a high salary      Wrong
4.    A nice boss     Wrong                               some great colleagues Good
5.    A desktop computer at work Wrong                   a laptop     Good
B.    Complete these questions with does have an do have.

1.    Do you have a new mobile phone?
2.    What kind of car Does She Have?
3.    Do the company Have a restaurant?
4.    Do  all the romos Have Air conditioning?
5.    Do I Have time to finish this?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario